1. Listen to this powerful sermon, “The Father’s Cup: A Crucifixion Narrative” (23 minutes)
2. Read the gospel accounts of Christ’s suffering , death and resurrection (Matthew 26-28; Mark 14-16; Luke 23-24; John 18-20). Take your time and ask the Holy Spirit to give you eyes to see and ears to hear.
4. Listen to or read John Piper’s sermon, “The Pleasure of God in Bruising the Son”
5. Watch this YouTube video from Igniter Media, “Why I Call It Good Friday”
6. Read The Glory of Christ by John Owen, especially chapter 4 “The Glory of Christ’s Humbling Himself”
7. Read C.H. Spurgeon’s sermon “Christ’s Resurrection and Our Newness of Life”
8. Then watch this excerpt from the preaching of Steven Lawson and count the cost of being a disciple of Jesus Christ, “It Will Cost You Everything”
9. Watch this YouTube video from Igniter Media, “Follow”
10. Meditate on these OT prophecies that Christ fulfilled in his suffering, death and resurrection.
11. Read John Piper’s The Passion of Jesus Christ: Fifty Reasons Why He Came to Die.
12. Read C.J. Mahaney’s Living the Cross Centered Life: Keeping the Gospel the Main Thing.